Sunday, April 4, 2010

One week to go!



As hard as it is to believe, I leave for Rwanda in one week! My flight from Kelowna to Vancouver to Amsterdam to Nairobi to Kigali leaves on April 11th and I finally arrive on April 13th, probably EXTREMELY jetlagged. I still (probably) have to buy a helmet here in Canada but I think I just about have everything else ready. The pictures show the difference between the helmet I am required to buy (for $200) for insurance purposes and the ones everyone will actually be wearing in Rwanda (which cost around $30). Nothing like looking like a complete tourist to blend in! Oh well, I've always prided myself on being unique!

Unfortunately, one big isse is that I have been have lower back problems lately, which my chiropractor promised would be fixed before I leave (better hurry up, Dr. Jeff!) I've looked over my paperwork several times, and probably will several more times before I leave. Like a good girl scout, Kelti likes to be prepared!

1 comment: